Мета уроку: Вдосконалювати навички читання й усного мовлення.
Формувати навички вимови.
Вдосконалювати навички монологічного висловлювання.
Розвивати мовну здогадку.
Виховувати уважність, інтерес до англійської мови.
I Організаційна частина уроку
Привітання й повідомлення теми та мети уроку.
II Основна частина уроку
1. Уведення в іншомовне мовлення
- What do friends mean to you?
- What makes a friend the best friend?
- What makes you a good friend?
- Is it easy for you to make friends?
- Do you have any particularly close friends?
- Do you stay in touch with all of the friends you’ve made?
- Are friends more important than family? What do you think?
- Do you think you have a special understanding with your friends?
- At which stages of life is it easier to make friends?
- Перевірка домашнього завдання.
- Підготувати розповідь про літні канікули
- Аудіювання. Прослухати текст та виконати завдання
Friendship Day takes place on the first Sunday of August every year. It is one day of the year we can say thank you to our friends. The tradition began in the USA in 1935 and has slowly spread around the world. The U.S. Congress declared Friendship Day as a national celebration. It still has a way to go before it is as popular as Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. On Friendship Day people spend time with their friends and exchange presents. Some people send cards, write special songs or bake friendship cakes. One great way to celebrate is to make a poster or create an album about your friend or friends. Perhaps include Winnie-the-Pooh on it because the United Nations made Pooh the world’s Ambassador of Friendship in 1997.
Friends are extremely important to us. They are often like members of our own family. In fact, many people spend more time with their friends than with their relatives. People also tell their friends more secrets. We start friendships almost from the time we can walk. Everyone has special childhood friends, and some of these become lifelong friends. We usually meet out best friends early on in our life. Best friends usually stay best friends forever. Nowadays the Internet has changed the way we make friends. Many people strike up friendships online. The Web is also useful to find long-lost friends. There are many sites to find old friends.
- Match the following phrases from the article.
|1) one day of the year we can||a) way to go|
|2) slowly spread||b) to make a poster|
|3) It still has a||c) say thank you|
|4) people spend time||d) Ambassador of Friendship|
|5) One great way to celebrate is||e) around the world|
|6) the UN made Pooh the world’s||f) with their friends|
|1) Friends are extremely-||a) best friends forever|
|2) People also tell their friends||b) early on in our life|
|3) Everyone has special||c) more secrets|
|4) We usually meet our best friends||d) important to us|
|5) Best friend usually –||e) lost friends|
|6) find long-||f) childhood friends|
- Тренування учнів у читанні
- Введення нових слів NewVocabulary: c.8
- Впр.1, с.7-8-прочитати лист та відгадати значення виділених слів
- Впр.2, с.8-знайти слова з поданим значенням
-знайти втрачені слова
- Розвиток вмінь письма
- Впр.3, с.8-9-виписати речення, в яких дівчина розповідає про важливих людей у її житті
- Впр.4, с.9-пригадати правила написання листа
III Заключна частина уроку
- Домашнє завдання.
- Впр.5, с.9-написати листа про себе другу по листуванню
- Виконати тест
Do the quiz How honest are you?
1) You are spending the weekend at a friend’s house. While you are doing the washing up, you accidentally crack what was clearly an expensive wine glass. Would you:
a) hide the glass in the dustbin and hope that no one notice?
b) explain what had happened and perhaps offer to buy a new one?
c) put the glass in the cupboard and not mention it?
d) say that someone else had broken it?
2) You are with a small group of people on holiday. Someone expresses
some strong political views on a subject, which you disagree with
violently. Would you:
a) say that you thought they were right?
b) tell them quite bluntly that you thought they were talking rubbish?
c) suggest tactfully that there were other ways of looking at the question?
d) try and change the subject?
3) You are a member of a team playing a tennis match. At an important
point in the game, your opponent hits the ball, which lands very near
the line, and he / she asks you if the ball was in. You saw clearly that
it was. Would you:
a) play fair and say that the ball was in and give your opponent the point?
b) cheat and say the ball was out and take the point yourself?
c) say it would be best to play the point again?
d) say you were not sure?
4) You and your boyfriend / girlfriend have been invited to a party,
but you know your partner doesn’t really want to go. You want to go
because you know that someone you are very attracted to will be
there. Would you:
a) try and discourage your partner from going with you?
b) be open and tell your partner why you really want to go?
c) not go to the party at all?
d) leave your partner to decide by himself / herself whether or not to go with you?
5) You work in a dress shop and you get paid commission on the dresses
you sell. A woman is interested in a dress which does not suit her
and asks you what you think of it. Would you:
a) say it looks lovely but that you have seen something that might look even nicer?
b) say only that you have seen another dress that might suit her more?
c) tell her bluntly that it doesn’t suit her?
d) tell her that it looks very nice and is an excellent choice?
6) You have just found out that the boyfriend / girlfriend of a very
close friend of yours has been seeing someone else. Your friend, who
suspects something, asks if you know anything. Would you:
a) beat about the bush and say that you weren’t sure either way?
b) be frank and tell them what you have heard?
c) deny that you know anything?
d) suggest that he / she should talk to their partner about it because it might be true?
7) You are selling your car because it has been very unreliable and has
been very difficult to start, especially in the mornings. Someone
from a town a long way away wants to buy it and has just asked you
if it is reliable when starting. Would you:
a) say that you have never had any serious problems with it?
b) say that you are selling it because it is so bad at starting?
c) try and cheat them by saying that it was very good at starting?
d) say that it has been giving a bit of trouble recently but that the problem can be fixed easily?
8) Some people you know but find a bit boring have invited you to din
ner at their house. Would you:
a) say that you didn’t want to go and why?
b) accept and say that you were looking forward to it?
c) say that you couldn’t go because you were going to be busy?
d) say you’d love to go, and then not turn up?
9) A friend of yours at school took a teacher’s motorbike for fun, but
had a crash and damaged the bike before returning it. The teacher
has just asked you if you know anything about it. Would you:
a) tell the teacher you think somebody completely different did it?
b) say you know nothing about it?
c) tell the teacher that your friend was responsible?
d) tell a white lie and they try and persuade your friend to tell the teacher himself?
10) Someone you know has had her hair done. She looks awful, but the haircut cost a lot of money. Would you:
a) not mention her haircut at all?
b) tell her it suits her wonderfully?
c) say it will take time to get used to it?
d) ask her if she had a fight with a hair dryer?
Key to the quiz How honest are you? in Lesson 2.
|Ia2b4c3dl||2 al b4 c3 d2||3a4blc3d2||4 al b4 c3 d2||5a2b3c4dl|
|6 a2 b4 cl d3||7 a2 b4 cl d3||8a4b2c3dl||9alb2c4d3||10a2blc3d4|
10-16: You are not really the sort of person who would make a good friend. You lie, cheat and deceive people (including yourself) all the time. At times your dishonesty could almost be criminal. You had better learn to tell the truth, because you will never have any real friends if you carry on like this.
17-27:You don’t tell the truth all the time, do you? You perhaps try to tell yourself that you lie to protect other people’s feelings, but there is a little more to it than that. You are secretive and unreliable. Try and be a little more open with your friends and the people you love and don’t try and avoid serious problems by lying.
28-35:You would be a good person to have as a friend. You can be trusted and don’t delight in making people feel bad for no reason. You are the sort of person who can keep a promise and you don’t run away from problems that need to be talked about. The only real lies you would tell are white lies as you are tactful and caring.
36-40You must be very difficult to live with. You say exactly what you think. You like to think you are straight and honest, but you are often very blunt and rude, and hurt people’s feelings for no reason. You are very open, and when someone asks you for an opinion, they know they will get the truth. But are you sure that the absolute truth is really what they always want to hear?
- Підведення підсумків уроку