Мета уроку: Вдосконалювати навички читання й усного мовлення.
Формувати навички вимови.
Вдосконалювати навички монологічного висловлювання
з опорою на лексико-граматичну структуру.
Розвивати мовну здогадку.
Виховувати увагу, інтерес до англійської мови.
I Організаційна частина уроку
Привітання й повідомлення теми та мети уроку.
Ознайомлення з метою та завданнями навчання у 9 класі. Знайомство з підручником.
II Основна частина уроку
- Уведення в іншомовну атмосферу
- What adjectives would you use to describe summer?
- Discuss these questions with your partner.
1) What images spring to mind when you hear the word “summer’?
2) How do you feel when summer arrives?
3) What things about summer do you like most and least?
4) What happens in summer in your country?
5) In what ways is summer the best season?
6) Do you always wear summery clothes?
7) What do you like to do in summer that you can’t do in other times of the year?
8) Do you like summer holidays?
9) How would you feel if there was no summer?
10) Do you like the summer sun?
11) Would you like it to be summer forever?
12) What’s your favourite summer memory?
- Подання тексту для аудіювання та читання (впр.1, с.4):
- Прослуховування тексту з голосу вчителя
- Прочитати текст та розіграти в парах
- Прочитати та пройти тест
- Тренування учнів у читанні (Впр.2, с.4-6)
- Письмо.Впр.3, с 6 .Відгадати та записати слова
- Аудіювання. Прослухати текст та виконати завдання
A TRIP TO CRETE
Last year my wife and I spent our holidays in Crete, the southernmost island in Greece, and we made lots of little excursions there into the countryside. On one occasion, we wanted to visit the south side of the island, where there are some ruins from Roman times and from a former monastery. We went there by bus, traveling along tiny little windy roads. It was quite frightening to watch how the bus driver was manoeuvring the vehicle around all of the twisty curves in the road, quite breathtaking. At every curve we were scared that the bus would crash, and the bus driver had to signal with his horn at each turning asit was impossible to see if any traffic was coming from the other direction and there wasn’t enough space on the road for two vehicles to pass side by side.
When we arrived at the nearest bus stop to the ruins, we could see them in the distance, and we could see that there were only two ways to get there — on foot, or by boat, if we had one, which we didn’t. So we started walking in that direction, along a dried up river bed. From the map it seemed that the distance we had to walk was about three kilometres, but it must have been longer, as it took us about three hours of difficult climbing and scrambling over rocks to get there.
At one point of the way we reached the top of a hill, from which we had an amazing view of the ruins. There we met a boy from France, who we shared friendly gestures with, but couldn’t really speak with as we didn’t speak foreign language. We climbed down from there together, into the grounds of the ruins. There was a fence blocking our path but it was quite small and easy to climb over.
In the grounds of the ruins were some very twisty old olive trees, and at the entrance we found a beautiful mosaic from the Roman times, leading to many little paths. The monastery was very small. Each of the monks’ cells were just tiny little box-like rooms, two by three metres in size. The whole place had a beautiful ancient atmosphere.
► True or False
1) They spent their holidays in Europe.
2) They traveled there only to visit some Roman times ruins.
3) The way there was quite safe.
4) The road was curvy.
5) There were a lot of ways to get to the ruins.
6) It took them three hours to get there.
Answer the questions.
1) When did they have holidays?
2) Why were they scared on their way?
3) How did they get to the ruins?
4) What was the distance to the ruins?
5) Why was it difficult for them to speak with the boy they met?
6) What impressed them on the ruins?
- Повторення лексичних одиниць теми.
- Впр.4, с.6-робота в парах: перевірити знання лексики у партнера та розписати слова за двома стовпчиками
- Розвиток умінь мовлення
- Впр.5, с.6-скласти розмову про літні канікули(робота в парах)
III Заключна частина уроку
- Домашнє завдання.
- Підготувати розповідь про літні канікули
- Підведення підсумків уроку